Shop the Lunar New Year Collection
Shop the Lunar New Year Collection
Same Day Delivery available for all Sydney Metro orders
Same Day Delivery available for all Sydney Metro orders
Express Delivery available on all orders
Express Delivery available on all orders
Skip to content

Fantini Calalenta Pecorino Terre di Chieti IGT 2021

by Fantini
$22.99
Make it personal
Engraving Edit
From $95.00
View your engraving
Shipping calculator

    Since 1882, the Piccini family has been pursuing a dream, which, over time has become a solid business project: Tell the story of Italian wine through the oenological exellencies of its territory. Piccini1882 includes five niche farms of Italy, all organically run, and its brand is classified as one of the most distinguished Tuscan brand in the world. Today Mario Piccini leads the company, supported by his sisters Martina and Elisa, together with his children Ginevra, Benedetta and Michelangelo who are personally involved in the business activities.

    Crushing and destemming, contact with the skins of must for about 12 hours at an average temperature of 3°C, soft pressing, static clarification of the must obtained. Subsequent fermentation at a temperature of 12°C. 80% of the juice is fermented in a steel tank, the remaining 20% ​​in 40hl oak barrels. Idea of ​​the Wine: Pecorino is a native Abruzzo vine, whose bunches are small and of low production per hectare. The training system is mostly pergola Abruzzo. Straw yellow in colour greenish reflections. The aromas of this wine include all white-fleshed fruits and especially pears. Balsamic notes are revealed which clearly identify the goodness of the wood used. At first impact it immediately reveals a great structure, enveloping, fresh and good acidity. The aftertaste is intense and persistent. Excellent as an aperitif and excellent in combination with fish dishes.

    The Finer Details
    Style - White Wine
    Varietal - Pecorino
    Country - Italy
    Region - Toscana
    Vintage - 2021
    Bottle Size - 750ml
    ABV - 13%